How to order Full Fibre / Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) on the Openreach network

Ultrafast Full Fibre, also known as Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), is where a fibre optic cable runs all the way directly to your home or business. FTTP is the state of the art future-proofed technology that covers over 50% of Cornwall.

Cornwall has some of the highest FTTP coverage in the UK and we want to ensure you can order when your premises become live, so here is a short process to help you get connected:

  1. Check your line on the Openreach broadband checker to ensure you are in an FTTP enabled area and can order (You are looking for ‘Ultrafast Accepting Orders’).
  2. If your current internet service provider does not offer FTTP and you want to upgrade, let your current provider know you would like to switch provider.
  3. Check out the various internet service providers that do offer FTTP. You can see a current list of providers below.
  4. If you think you should be able to order but your address does not show Ultrafast availability (e.g. your neighbour has ordered) you can try contacting Openreach.

There is some further guidance, including what happens to your existing phoneline and phone number, here.

Alternative Providers (Altnets)

Wildanet and Jurassic Fibre have full fibre coverage in parts of Cornwall, giving more choice to Cornwall’s residents and businesses.

FTTP Service Providers

A list of Service Providers offering Ultrafast FTTP packages can be found through the Openreach website.

Are you resident of a multi-occupancy business unit or a flat?

If you are in an apartment or office block in an FTTP enabled area, your landlord or management company will need to get in touch with Openreach to arrange for the building to be enabled. There can be extra costs associated with provisioning FTTP around the building, with additional surveying, build and disruption related to the work. Often this requires permission through associated wayleaves, and work can only progress once these wayleaves are signed.

In order to arrange for this work, the landlord or management company should contact Openreach via Fibre for apartment buildings (

After a survey, a quotation to provide infrastructure into the building will be provided to the landlord or management company, who will then need to sign any wayleave agreements and agree on the fibre network distribution around the building. Once the work has been completed, residents will then have to contact their internet service provider to order individual service.