Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) ordering

Ultrafast Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), where a fibre optic cable runs all the way directly to your home or business, is the state of the art future-proofed technology that will cover about 30% of Cornwall as part of the Superfast Cornwall programme.

As the Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) footprint grows in Cornwall, the team at Superfast Cornwall have received a number of calls from people and businesses in FTTP enabled areas that are having trouble ordering. We have had reports that some service providers have told their customers that FTTP isn’t available to them. Please be aware that not all service providers offer the FTTP service. This is the choice of the service provider.

Cornwall has some of the highest FTTP coverage in the UK and we want to ensure you can order when your premises become live, so here is a short process to help you:

  • Check your line to ensure you are in an FTTP enabled area and can order (You are looking for "WBC FTTP" availability in the left column, not "FTTP on Demand").
  • If you need to change, make contact with your current service provider to let them know you would like to switch provider.
  • Make an order with your chosen provider that offers FTTP.

Please email us if you have any questions and we will try to assist.

Consumer FTTP Service Providers

Business FTTP Service Providers

Local Resellers with FTTP expertise

Are you resident of a multi-occupancy business unit or a flat? Take action now!

If you are in an apartment or office block in an FTTP enabled area, your landlord or management company will need to get in touch with Openreach to arrange for the building to be enabled.  There can be extra costs associated with provisioning FTTP around the building, with additional surveying,  build and disruption related to the work. Often this requires express permission through associated wayleaves, and work can only progress once these  wayleaves are signed.

In order to arrange for this work, the landlord or management company should contact Openreach via  the  Community Fibre Partnership scheme at a survey, a quotation to provide infrastructure into the building will be provided to the landlord or management company, who will then need to sign any wayleave agreements and agree on the fibre network distribution around the building. Once the work has been completed,  residents will then have to contact their internet service provider to order individual service.

To find out if your building is in an FTTP area, get in touch.

Menu Linechecker
Mobile logo